What are Posca Pens?
Posca pens are used by both professional and non-pro artists. It’s popular for surfboard painters, body art painters, auto dealers and auto body shop estimators. It contains water-based paint mark which is non-toxic making it ideal for kids above 5 years old. You can use Posca pens on almost everything like glass, plastic, woods, metal, plaster, paper, leather, fabric, canvas and even on your skin.
Posca pens come in different sizes in many different colors and are available in 6 tips.
- 7mm ultra-fine pin tip- this is perfect for outlines and details.
- 7mm extra fine tip- needle tip
- 9 to 1.3mm fine tip- this is just a little bit bigger than the ultra-fine tip.
- 8 to 2.5mm medium tip is the medium size. This tip is popular, especially for pen artists. It is good adding details and filling up spaces.
- 8mm chisel tip- Posca pens with chisel tips has big tips that can make different thickness. The 8mm chisel tip line is the medium size chisel tip.
- 15mm extra broad tip- is the broad chisel. It’s the biggest polka pen.
The reason why surf board painter use Posca pens is because they are perfect for painting. It contains real paint and it has a small ball inside it that mixes the paint, so you have to shake tit before you use it. Professional painters use it to apply highlights on acrylic painting.
Advantages of Posca pens
- Fast drying
- Can be combined with other colors
- It can be rinsed with water
It’s permanent on:
- Acrylic painting
- Fabric (ironed)
- Plastic and latex
It’s removable on glass and other non-porous objects.
If painting is your hobby, might as well use Posca pens to create something unique. Also, with Posca pens, you can paint your cups, plates and even your nails! And if you’re like me who loves collecting stones and rocks from the many different places and beaches I’ve visited, use Posca pens to write anything on your collections. It will all look awesome! Believe me.
Just a quick tip before I end this post today, if you are a surfboarder, try painting your board to express yourself freely. Customized it to make it more stunning. This isn’t something that you can’t do, it’s easy actually if you follow my instruction.
How to use Posca pens on a surfboard
- First, as everything else, you should have a good idea
- Draw your idea on a paper. Make sure you’re doing your best because if you can’t have it look perfect on paper, you might as well give up. So, don’t waste your time.
- If you’re painting an old surfboard, you have to prepare it by removing the wax and sanding the entire surface. If it’s new. Slight sanding is fine. Cover the areas that you don’t want to be painted with a masking tape.
- Prior to using this type of pens for your painting, shake it vigorously to optimize the flow and test it first on a sheet of paper.
- Then draw your idea on the board and jazz it up with Posca pens.
- Seal the top coat with a varnish to keep it clean, shiny and long-lasting.
There are a wide array of choices to do your art but it’s best to know what will give you the best result.